Do you ever wonder how you get new cases? For most of us, there is a lot of guesswork. You know how important it is to identify the source of new leads, but many of your clients either forget who referred you, or your intake specialist forgets to ask. This sucks! It’s frustrating when you don’t know which marketing campaigns are driving clients to your firm…but it doesn’t have to be this way.
- What if you could identify the marketing campaigns that were bringing new clients to your firm?
- What if you knew what keywords and landing pages are generating the most calls from your website?
- What if you could tell which paid ads are working better than the others?
Good news, my friend. You can do all of this.
How CallRail Works
With CallRail, you will have a pool of phone numbers that belong exclusively to your law firm. Every time a visitor arrives on your website, CallRail assigns them a phone number from your pool. The visitor sees this phone number the entire time they’re on your website.
Each phone number is assigned to one visitor at a time so you can link calls directly to individual visitors. When the visitor is finished browsing your website, CallRail frees up that phone number so it can be assigned to another visitor.
With CallRail, you’ll know which marketing sources are driving calls and you’ll be able to drill down to the individual search keyword level and link calls to specific web visitors and their actions on your website.
What Information You will Receive
With tracking numbers assigned to your marketing campaigns, CallRail will provide a wealth of information about every caller to your law firm, including:
- Source of the Call, e.g., Google PPC, Google Organic, Direct, Bing Organic, etc.
- Keywords used by Web Visitor, e.g., “car wreck lawyer in Saugerties”
- Landing Page visited by Web Visitor
- Complete Page View History of the Caller (e.g., every page on your website visited by the caller)
- Tracking Number Called
- Date and Time of the Call
- Original of the Call, e.g., “Saugerties, New York”
- Duration of the Call
How to Set Up a Tracking Number
You can get a phone number up and running within minutes with CallRail.
- “Add a phone number”
- “Online or offline”: Set up a phone number to use online or offline
- “Display on website or somewhere else”
- Give tracking number a name
- Add tracking source assigned to the tracking number
- Choose a toll-free phone number or a local phone number in the same area code
- “Activate Tracking Number”
Purchase local and toll free phone numbers and you can target audiences in specific areas using your tracking phone numbers.
Source Tracking vs. Keyword Level Tracking
Source Tracking: Tracking sources lets you know which campaigns provide the best return on investment. You can use source tracking to test your marketing effectiveness, or A/B test marketing campaigns. Will a billboard ad or a Google pay per click ad result in more phone calls from new clients?
To begin source tracking, you’ll manually create a new tracking number for each individual campaign source, e.g., Google Adwords, Facebook ads, etc. Each tracking number you create will be assigned a source and the correct tracking number will display when a user reaches your website via one of those sources. As clients call those tracking numbers, CallRail will report the source that referred them.
The source of your marketing campaigns are almost unlimited, but the most common sources of new leads consist of:
- Direct: Type in the name of the website and go to your website directly
- Organic: Search with keywords and name of the search engine, e.g., Google, Bing
- Referral: Referred to website by another website, e.g., link on Avvo.com
- Direct Mail: Phone number for a mailer. Are the mailers worth sending? Tracks the number of calls from the mailer and how many converted into clients
For reporting, source tracking generates side-by-side comparisons of your marketing campaigns by source. By analyzing which of your tracking phone numbers your clients call, you can know with certainty how they’re finding you, e.g., Google Adwords, direct mail, billboard ad, newspaper ad.
Keyword Level Tracking: Keyword level tracking tracks the full visitor journey as users navigate to, from and around your website. Instead of a single tracking number determined by its source, you’ll have a pool of tracking numbers that will automatically rotate for each new visitor to your website.
Once a client calls a tracking number in your pool, the cookies collected from their visitor path will show you:
- Which keywords they entered in a search engine to find you
- Which pages on your website they visited
- Which page they were on when their made the phone call to your law firm
You will know the web pages that are driving the most client conversions. Keyword tracking also stores the full visitor path in a caller timeline that you can view before, during or after a phone call.
Keyword Tagging: If a caller says a certain word during the phone call, you can tag the call and receive alerts for the highest value calls. For example, if the caller says certain words during the phone conversation, such as “brain injury”, “death”, “paralysis” or “blindness”, you can tag the call and set a specific action (e.g., text notification). This is a great way to filter the calls to find the most valuable leads.
Powerful Tools at Your Fingertips
Even if you only use the basics of CallRail, you will be far ahead of your peers.
Call Recording: You can listen to the calls.
Dashboard: Graph of all phone calls received and a call volume for active tracking phone numbers.
Reports: Which campaigns are generating the most phone calls.
Text Messaging: Clients can send you text messages through CallRail. You will receive the message in your CallRail account and the CallRail mobile app.
Google Adwords: Count the phone calls that are generated from your Google ads.
Call Score: Score your calls and classify them by merit.
Call Scribe: Allows you to see the calls in writing.
Keypad Scoring: Allows the intake specialist to score the call.
Form Tracking: Track forms on your website with CallRail.
Keyword Pools: With keyword pools, you can track every visitor to your website regardless of the referring source. You can track visitors who come to your website from PPC ads and track visitors who land on a specific page of your website.
You can set up call tracking for all websites. Create one keyword pool per company, such as:
- Mastermind Experience
- Plaintiffs Elite
CallRail App: Download the CallRail app and get access on your smart phone.
Tracking Client Communication: When was the last communication with new client?
Pricing: “Call Tracking” starts at $45/month. This is the entry level program for source tracking with CallRail. “Conversation Analytics” ($95/month) is a higher level of lead tracking with keyword spotting and keyword tagging, and the “Analytics Suite” ($145/month) provides all of CallRail’s tools.
Need help? Ryan Bowman, of Web Eminence, will set up and manage your CallRail account.